Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Friday 2 December 2011

Advent Door 2 - Friday Fitness, Preparing for Xmas

Evening lovelies, hope your well.

It's that time of year where all we seem todo is eat, festive treats at work, tin of chocolate with friends, work Xmas night out, and that's all before we even get to the big day!!!

With 3 weeks to go, now is the time to start thinking about damage limitation as we don't start the new year a stone heavier!

Embarking in a strict diet now is not the right time as restricting all those goodies will likely lead to serious cravings and unless you have immense willpower then really you will not win.

By making small changes now, you can enjoy treats and still fit into your party dress!

1) Super Soup - nothing beats a bowl of warming soup at lunch time. A chunky soup that is full of veg will keep you full for longer so that you avoid that 4 o'clock Choc craving

2) Water - it may seem daft but this is so important. We often confuse thirst with hunger and so over eat, so aiming for 8 glasses of fluid, this can be got or cold drinks.

3) Keep a record of what you reach for and when. Often eating is a learnt habit that we build over time, so identifying what time it is that your hungry then you can schedule things to do to keep busy at those times.

4)Three Hour Rule - I don't know about anyone else but by 4 I'm always starving, this is because i know my blood sugar drops and all I crave is crisps! So I try and eat every 4 hours with something high in protein but low in sugar to level out my levels.

So just a few tips for you, next week I'm going to my work Xmas party so a few tips to survive them will appear I'm sure!

Thanks for reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx