Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Friday 26 July 2013

Review - Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream for Oily Skin



The last time I dabbled with BB creams I was left disappointed, however with the weather making it rubbish to wear any make up I thought I would try out a different BB cream.

I was put off another BB cream as it messed up my oily skin and I was just a big ole shiny mess. Maybelline have brought out a BB cream specifically for Oily Skin, so off I skipped with it in my paws.

I picked up medium to wear as I do have a bit of a tan at the moment, mostly fake but never mind. Maybelline claim that this is an 8 in 1 product, aimed to help improve the health and appearance of the skin. It says that it has 8 skin benefits, 8 skin benefits:

- SPF 15
- Helps conceal redness
- Oil free
- Hydrates
- Mattifies
- Targets blackheads
- Smoothes
- Evens skin tone

and it contains 2% Salicylic Acid to help with skin health.

Now, I've been using this every day for 2 weeks and in all honesty, I can't see a great deal of difference. It doesnt conceal much of my redness, I still have blackheads and the same amount of spots as before, really I'm not overly wowed!

On the plus side, my skin is a lot more matt during the day, and its so soft & smooth. It blends quite well into my skin using my hands and my skin feels hydrated.

It has its pros and cons, its a nice enough product but I think I would rather use a tinted moisturiser rather then this. Saying that, I might chuck it on for lazy days around the flat & town.

What do you think? Do BB creams need to bugger off or be around for longer? xx

1 comment:

  1. ah I know what you mean, I wanted BB creams to be a lot better! I find for days you want super light coverage just mix your bb cream with a bit of foundation, saves wasting the bottle!

    ordaining serendipity

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx