Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Benefit Hello Flawless Foundation

Afternoon lovelies, hope this week is treating you really well. Also it's Hump day!!! Closer to the weekend then the start of then week now :)


So I wanted to show you my current foundation love, but I hate that I want to write about something and there are suddenly 10 other posts, so I've held off on this for a while now. I've never been one for really expensive foundations, when my skins good I don't mind using a 'drugstore' foundation as its just a base for the rest of my foundation. But recently my skin is having a mid-life crisis, it can't decide if it's dry or oily, if it's clear or spotty, if it's angry red or a muted normal colour. This has been really stressing me out so I did some research for a nice matte foundation that wouldn't clog up my skin, but would cover and leave me looking normal.



My lovely mum bought me this foundation on a recent trip to London and we were in Harrods, sheltering from the rain. We wandered through and the only concession I knew we could afford would be Benefit and I wanted to look at this foundation. The lovely girl in Harrods colour matched me really well, we were there ages talking all things blogging and make up but I'm so glad I got this foundation as its lovely.



Hello Flawless is an oil free foundation that provides build-able light to medium coverage, great for good and bad skin days. It contains Vitamins C & E to help prevent signs of ageing. It also contains SPF 25+++, so a fantastic sunscreen as well.




It applies really well with both fingers and a brush, I use the Real Techniques stippling brush to apply this and then buff it is with the Buffing Brush. I find with the Porefessional it evens out my skin tone,covering the redness that is constantly in my skin, this is because I was colour matched to the slightly yellower foundation - definitely go and get colour matched.


It doesn't keep my skin oil free,but I'm a lot less oily by lunch time which is nice so I do touch ups then.


It's quite expensive at £24.50, but it's a product that's well worth it, and if you want to stretch it a bit further then mix it with something like You Rebel light tinted moisturiser or a BB cream for the same effect with less product. You can get this from Benefit, as well as feelunique.com




Have you tried this foundation yet? Xx





5 comments:

  1. I have major love for Benefit products & really want to try this foundation but I like colour matching foundations in person and this one isnt available anywhere near me:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this out, but I rarely like benefit products, my skin is being the exact same at the moment, blame the weather. I've gone from my normal very dry, to very oily, to dry, to combination and back to very dry,

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried this foundation yet but I've heard so many good things about it - I may have to give it a whirl! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to try this but am cutting back at the moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try this out, I don't use foundation at all but it sounds good x
    Island Girl Insights ♥

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx