Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 26 January 2015

NOTD - Essie Winter Collection 2014 Mini Set



I've not painted my nails in ages, more out of laziness than anything else, but it’s time to sort this out and whack on some nail colour.

I picked up the Essie Winter Collection 2014 Mini Set in Boots just after Christmas because I wanted to try some of the colours without committing to the full size versions. The three colours in the mini set are Jump in my Jumpsuit; Tuck in my Tux and Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Lo. There are 3 other colours in the full collection but they are 3 similar pink shades that don't interest me.

Jump in my Jumpsuit is a raspberry red, its showing up bluer toned here but it really is a darker raspberry. One coat and this was fully opaque which is great and it leaves a lovely crème finish. Tuck in my Tux is a soft pinky/white colour that would look great under sparkles or other colours. This needed 3 layers to be nearly opaque but you can still see the nail line underneath - maybe worth using as a white for an at home French manicure. Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Lo is a foil finish gold/silver blend which is a nice transition from the full glitter of Christmas to something more winter appropriate. This needed 2 coats as it was flawless, the only mistake I made with it was thanks to Ted knocking me but it’s quick and easy to apply.

All three dry really quickly and are stroke free. I can see myself wearing Jump in my Jumpsuit most, especially on my toes, maybe with Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Lo as a take on the classic French. You can pick the set up in Boots for £12.99 which is perfect as you get a little of the more interesting shades of the collection.

What do you think of the Essie Winter 2014 collection? 

Sarah Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx