Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 30 July 2014

Summer Bucket List 2014 - A Day in Paris










Last Wednesday, my mum, sister and I dragged ourselves out of bed incredibly early and headed into London to grab the 7:01 Eurostar to Paris.That time of the morning was incredibly early and it was a little fuzzy but we jumped on the train and 2hrs later we arrived!!!

We started off the day by getting the Metro over to the Louvre, it was incredibly busy so we didn't bother heading in but walking around was great.  We wandered down towards the Musée de l'Orangerie where we saw Water lilies by Monet, this was a phenomenal 
experience to see an amazing piece, it was so peaceful and calm to just sit and contemplate. It
was an incredibly hot day so it was also so nice to sit in the cool for a bit.

After the Musee de L'Orangerie we walked back through the gardens to head for our tour bus. 
Mum has booked the tickets so we could just hop on and off as much as we wanted, but we
decided to stay on for a full lap around the city. We saw the Pont des Arts (Love Lock Bridge), 
Notre Dam, Musee d'Orsay, Champs-Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower among 
other things. We sat upstairs in the sun and listened to the guided tour, mum chose the kid 
version!

One thing I really wanted to do was check out Sephora, so we hopped off the bus at Champs-Elysees 
and headed to the store there. I don't know what I expected but I was in beauty heaven. 
We all wandered around picking up bits and trying out the Sephora brand. 
With full baskets we headed to checkout and left clutching our little bags. It was nearly time to head
back to the train station so we hopped back on a different bus and went past
the Moulin Rouge before arriving at Gard de Nor. After a little wait we were back on the Eurostar
and heading back to England. 

Visiting Paris was one thing I've always wanted to do, so to see the main sights in a day was great however
I want to head back for longer next time.

What places should I visit next time? xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx