Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Sunday 31 January 2016

Life: January Roundup


I'm going to put it out there, I quite like January. Not only is it the month of my birth but I love that it seems like a fresh start, a time to make plans, set goals and have lots of things to look forward to throughout the year.

January has been filled with lots of happy moments, yummy food and lovely things. At the start of the month we spent a lot of time cooking and tidying the house, this is the year where I try to declutter a bit, our house isn't big enough for all my crap! My birthday mid-month saw me very spoilt with loads of lovely gifts, some bits from Charlotte Tilbury, a FittyLdn box and tickets to see Ellie Goulding in March!

In the gym, I've been working on building my strength and working on my pull ups - training was going really well, but I've been knocked out a little with an ear infection that has put my balance way out of whack - hello dizzy spells. A few weeks later and I'm feeling much better and can't wait to get back training!

Ted's been on lots of adventures this month, the biggest being when we headed to Richmond on the train. He wasn't too sure about the train at first but he soon settled, trying to say hello to everyone! We had a wander around Richmond park before stopping by Richmond Bridge to give our paws a rest.

This weekend, I headed to the Fresh & Fit Fest at The Hoxton in London. There were different workouts to try, talks by many influencial fitness people and lots of yummy food to sample & buy. I went to a Silent Disco, hosted by Misfit and run by Tally & Zanna from the #GirlGains, I knew it wasn't going to be just dancing with Tally writing the HIIT routine, it was hard but I loved it. Later on, I also tried out a Rave class by Gymbox- a dance routine, with glow sticks, on a mini trampoline. I loved it! Today, my arms and legs ache so much but I loved and am so tempted to try another class.

January was an awesome month and a great way to start off my year! I can't wait for the rest of 2016 now!

How was your January? xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx