Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Recipe - Sweet Potato Falafel






I've been trying to find healthier lunch options, I'm so sick of salad and soups, all I want is bread and cheese and packets of crisps! So I decided to make something which I could throw in with my salads to give me a bit more taste and flavour, or I use these as part of a pitta or a wrap with some salad and ham.

These were so easy to make and lasted ages! You will need:
2 Medium Sweet Potato
1 Tin Chickpeas
Spices or seasoning of your choice

- Pre-heat the oven to around 200oC, heat up 2tbs of Coconut Oil
- Peel and cube the sweet potato, roast in a tin for about 20mins, seasoning with a little mixed herbs
- Once the potato is cooked and started to cool, put in a bowl and add 1 tin of chickpeas, mash up using a potato masher
- Split into balls or patties and place in the oven for about 20mins until golden on the outside
- Take them out to cool.

These are so easy to make and last all week, perfect for lunch or as a little snack. Next time I think I'm going to mix in some spices and give me a bit more heat! 

Let me know if you make these!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx