Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Wednesday 15 December 2010

Christmas is a bottle!!!!

This week has been hell - final week of my first full term in school as a teacher ( and passed the term as well!!) but I have been shattered, falling asleep on the sofa most night, the children are up and down more times then a roller-coaster as Disney Land! So I have decided to give myself a stern talking to, have a can of full sugar coke and get on with doing my nails!

So I went through my nail collection and found some colours I haven't tried yet! They are all China Glaze, which I think are great polishes, but I struggled to get these colours in the UK so had to get them from the USA, and I really do love them.

I started with a base of OPI Ridge Filler to give a smooth base for my colour, and then used China Glaze Jolly Holly as my main colour. This is a gorgeous holly green colour with the hint of shimmer to it, a really gorgeous colour, and it was practically opaque in one coat, and it wasn't even a thick coat, however I went for two coats to make it more even.
This picture really does not do it justice, it is a really gorgeous colour. I'll try and take a picture during the day in what natural light we have at the moment ( I wonder what it would look like in the snow?!)

The decoration was with China Glaze Part Hearty. Oh My God, this is like Christmas in a bottle, a clear base with tiny silver glitter, small green circular glitter, and larger hexagonal pieces of red glitter. It is really stunning, and I had to put two layers on to really get a good coverage, however it left a really smooth finish, no need for a top coat, but I used Seche Vite any way!

Again, the picture doesn't do it justice, will try and get a better picture! But see, Christmas in a bottle! I think I will be layering this over everything for the next year easily!


For my thumb, I felt like doing something different and chose to use my new dotter tool that I got from www.sparkly-nails.co.uk to create a random snowy pattern on my nails using China Glaze Frosty - not great but I just wanted something different!

Well its different, and should fit with the changing weather! I will update it when I have more time!

I hope you are all well, any questions then let me know! Happy polishing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx