Skimlinks Test
Skimlinks Test

Monday 28 December 2015

Blogger Bookclub - The Book of You by Claire Kendal




Another month and another book. This month's book was The Book of You by Claire Kendal. I'm not normally a thriller book fan, I wouldn't choose the book off the shelf unless someone recommends one to me so I was a little concerned I wouldn't enjoy the book.

The story follows Clarissa who becomes the focus of her colleague's, Rafe, affections. The book flits between 1st and 3rd person, some of the chapters focus on Clarissa and what Rafe is putting her through as she builds evidence to take to the police, while others are the story around her as she sits on the jury in a horrible trial, learning from this the sorts of evidence she needs before her story will be taken seriously.

Once I got my head around the change in person I really got stuck in and couldn't put it down, the more erratic Rafe's behaviour became, the more I could feel myself getting angry and frustrated, I  really grew to hate that character. 

I really enjoyed The Book of You when I didn't expect to! 

Check out the other girls in the book club to see what they thought!
Lorna - Leanne - Lizzie - Alyssia - Chloe


No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate every comment I get - if you would like to let me know what you think then please leave a comment xx